Is your Will and estate planning fit for purpose?
Wills don’t come with a service schedule…but that doesn’t stop them needing regular checks. Think of updating a Will and estate planning as routine maintenance.
If your personal circumstances have recently changed, why not take advantage of our free legal estate health check. One of our specialists will review your existing documentation which may include a Will, Power of Attorney and Trusts, in the context of wealth preservation, protection for care home fees and Inheritance Tax and if you are adequately protected we’ll tell you. If we think you aren’t, perhaps because of a change of circumstances for instance, we will advise you about the things you should be considering. Either way, it’s free and without obligation.
Estate planning advice could include;
• Ensuring your Will is drafted in a tax efficient manner, particularly in light of recent tax changes
• A marriage or civil partnership automatically revokes an existing Will (although conversion to marriage from a civil partnership does not)
• Divorce; including the possibility of a beneficiary divorcing
• Death of a beneficiary, executor or guardian
• Birth of further potential beneficiaries
• Changed relationships
• Gifts of specific items – if you no longer have the particular item or want it to go to someone different
• Foreign property
• Business interests – if you have started a new business or your business interests have changed
• Insurance policies – if you have acquired a financial product with a life policy element
• Enduring Powers of Attorney – if you have one, is it still fit for purpose
• Legal Power of Attorney’s – allowing you to appoint someone you trust to deal with any Property and Financial and/or Health and Welfare decisions on your behalf.
• Trusts – if you have acquired an interest under a trust or if you should be considering setting up a trust to protect your beneficiaries
• Wealth – if you have acquired greater wealth, tax planning would be sensible
• Long term care is expensive but you can mitigate its impact
• Inheritance Tax planning
You don’t even have to be a client of Wilson Browne Solicitors, so if you’re thinking of reviewing your estate or are concerned about whether you should, there’s nothing to lose. Call us on 0800 088 6004.
We cover all areas of Private Client and Commercial law having offices in Northamptonshire and Leicestershire, operating from Northampton, Kettering, Corby, Higham Ferrers, Wellingborough and Leicester and can meet at a location that’s convenient to you so call us today for your free, without obligation Will health check.Please quote Northants Chamber when calling.
For more information visit https://www.wilsonbrowne.co.uk/will-estate-planning-fit-purpose/