Posted: 19/07/19 by EMRFCA - Ministry of Defence
Almost 400 East Midlands employers have signed the Armed Forces Covenant to pledge their support to the Armed Forces and their families; 54 of those organisations – including Northamptonshire Chamber of Commerce - are in Northamptonshire.
The Covenant encourages organisations to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the Armed Forces community. This can include those who work for the organisation or access its products and services.
Last year, the Police and Crime Commissioner in Northamptonshire signed the Armed Forces Covenant.
Stephen Mold, Northamptonshire PCC, said: “Members of the Armed Forces community are well trained and have considerable skills to bring to the workplace when they make the move into civilian life. I understand the contribution that Service personnel are able to make to an organisation and I am proud to give a commitment to support them by signing the Covenant.”
Benefits of backing the Armed Forces Covenant include:
• Attract highly skilled military personnel, ex-Regulars or Reservists - with core transferable skills such as IT, catering, first aid and business and technical qualifications
• Access to a recruitment platform targeted at Service Leavers with particular skill sets
• Positive impact to your organisation’s reputation and corporate social responsibility
• Acknowledgment of your support through the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
• Access to free personal development training and leadership activities
• Discounted rates on versatile and affordable venues to hire across the UK
To find out more about how the Armed Forces Covenant can benefit your business, contact John Wilson OBE DL, Regional Employer Engagement Director on 0115 924 8627 or Emfirstname.lastname@example.org
For further information visit www.gov.uk and search for ‘Armed Forces Covenant’