Posted: 27/01/10 by Northampton Borough Council
People in Northampton are being asked to identify the issues affecting the town that they would like to see investigated.
Northampton Borough Council’s Overview & Scrutiny Committee is asking for people to submit their ideas about what the group should investigate over the next 12 months. The Committee can look into any issue affecting residents or the town, and ideas do not need to be related to Borough Council services.
Any issues that the Committee decide to look into will be investigated. The Committee will hold public meetings and ask members of the public and specialists to discuss the issue before a report is produced with recommendations for the appropriate organisation(s).
The Council’s Overview & Scrutiny Committee has previously looked at a wide range of issues including:
- How well Anglian Water and other organisations responded to the cryptosporidium water contamination.
- The effectiveness of the Concessionary Bus Fares scheme.
- The availability and provision of facilities for older children.
- What help and support is available to people who become homeless or are sleeping rough in Northampton.
- The working relationship between Northampton Borough Council and West Northamptonshire Development Corporation.
Councillor John Yates, Chair of Northampton Borough Council’s Overview & Scrutiny Management Committee said: "We want to hear from you and get your ideas about the issues that are important to you. If there is public interest in an issue then it is something we have to consider looking in to. It could be something that affects your street, your neighbourhood or even the whole town, so I would encourage anyone who has an unanswered question to come forward and let us find out the answers for you."
If you would like to suggest an issue or topic for the Committee to look into then please contact Overview & Scrutiny Officer Tracy Tiff on 01604 837408 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can pick up a form at the Council’s One Stop Shop at the Guildhall.