Posted: 19/05/21 by Wildflowers
The word meditation scares a lot of people!
They don’ even attempt meditating because they feel it requires intense concentration and discipline. This is just not true!
The essence of meditation is to just be. To meditate is to give yourself some time where you do not have to think, do or achieve. We are so used to rushing around and doing things all the time and it becomes difficult to just be. This is a major factor in our well-being and causes anxiety and stress.
Try this simple 5 minute meditation whenever you are frazzled, anxious, rushed and stressed and losing touch with yourself in the process. At these times you will benefit the most from it.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
- Visualise a huge lotus flower over you, bathing you in a shower of healing energy.
- Bring your awareness to your breathing. Breathe in and out very naturally. That’s all you need to do.
- If you find thoughts entering your mind, do not resist them. Just go back to being aware of your breath.
Easy right?... You’re welcome.
With every act of self-care the critical, fearful mind gets weaker.
With every choice you make to check in with yourself, you are building self-esteem, self-love and self-worth.
You can find more helpful information on my Instagram: Wildflower.ali