Posted: 28/11/17 by Advanced Access Ltd
Advanced Access are committed to being a ‘Green’ company and strive to continuously improve our recycling statistics and reduce our carbon footprint. We started our recycling campaign in April 2015 and have been monitoring the use of paper, ink, packaging, general waste and recycled waste ever since.
Between April 2015 and November 2017 there was a 49% DECREASE in paper printed and a 77% DECREASE in ink used.
- We introduced internal functions to store paperwork electronically rather than printing
- We put all printers on eco mode and black & white printing
- We introduced dual monitors for staff, reducing printing requirements and improving efficiency
Between April 2015 and March 2018 (estimate) there will be a 70% DECREASE in void fill purchased for packaging
- Driven by our Warehouse Supervisor - we recycle as much cardboard and paper as possible and use as packaging
- We purchased a cardboard shredder in May 2017, this has helped increase our packaging recycling process
Between April 2016 and September 2017 there was a 18% DECREASE in our overall waste
- Printing less paper means less paper is disposed - decreasing our waste and shred
- We introduced a paper-bin in the sales office for non confidential waste, which the warehouse collect and shred for use as packaging
- All cardboard boxes from goods-in are either re-used or shredded and used as packaging
Between April 2016 and November 2017 there was a 52% INCREASE in our recycling
- We introduced recycling bins in our kitchen which are monitored and emptied multiple times a week
- We introduced a paper recycling bin in the main sales office which is emptied and shredded for use as packaging in our parcels