Posted: 17/07/18 by eve
Eve are organising a Domestic Abuse Symposium in October and would like to reach out to local businesses to raise awareness of domestic abuse.
Statistics from the Crime Survey, England show that 1.3 million women experienced domestic abuse in the year ending March 2016, and 4.3 million women had experienced it at some point since age 16.
Domestic abuse will affect 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men in their lifetime - that includes 1 in 4 women in your workforce, your volunteer force and client base. You can help!
1. To understand the importance of providing a holistic approach to those affected by domestic abuse.
2. To understand how best to rehabilitate the survivors of domestic abuse.
3. To examine how coercive and controlling behaviours form the foundation of abusive relationships.
4. To understand how trauma affects the ability of adults and children to move forward.
5. To evaluate the SHE Project and discuss the success of its outcome.
Who Should Attend?
Some of the Speakers include:
- Zoe Lodrick - Sexualised Trauma Specialist
- Dr Mark Farrall - Chartered Psychologist and Forensic Psychologist, and a qualified Psychotherapist
- Wale Oladipo - ‘Mind, Body, Breakthrough’
- Christine Morgan - CEO of eve
Where, When, Cost:
Venue - Highgate House, Northampton
Date - Thursday 11th October 2018
Early Bird: £95 (Until 31st August 2018)
More information or to reserve your place, please click on this link: http://www.eveda.org.uk/symposium/