Posted: 29/06/20 by South Northamptonshire Council
As the full impact of Covid-19 continues to affect the local economy, South Northamptonshire Council (SNC) is making sure job seekers have the best opportunities through a range of employment support, including a new series of webinars.
The series of nine online workshops kick off on Thursday, 2 July with a session entitled Looking to the Future which will help participants understand where the opportunities will be and what the workplace will look like.
SNC has teamed up with SNC Job Club partners CWR Consultancy Ltd, and The Mallows Company, and will also be working with the University of Northampton (UON) on a programme to support business start-ups.
Charlotte Sykes director of CWR, said: “We’ve been an SNC Job Club partner for the past 10 years and we are delighted to join forces to offer invaluable support to all those in the local community through these workshops.”
Charlotte Patrick, key sector and knowledge transfer manager at the UON, said: “Since the beginning of lockdown our Business Support Team has sought to understand the needs of businesses in the county including start-ups.
“In addition to one to one support and online masterclasses, we have brought together UON academic expertise and local partners to deliver a comprehensive programme of webinars to help local businesses survive the challenges of Covid-19 and to plan for the recovery.”
Cllr Stephen Clarke, SNC’s portfolio holder for growth and regeneration, said: “The health emergency has presented some unique challenges and what worked before might not work now.
“We have a well-educated population in the district, and I want to make sure South Northants talent is ahead of the game and ready to play a key role in the recovery.”
Participants have the flexibility to choose which workshops that they are most interested in. There is no requirement to attend all workshops. Highlights of the webinar programme, include:
• How competent is your CV – revamp your profile and ensure your CV is competitive and avoids common pitfalls
• Are you selling yourself short – how to present yourself positively and how to answer interview questions successfully
• Why do you work, wellbeing around job seeking – go back to basics and rethink what we expect from work and discover new skills developed during the lockdown
• Presenting your digital self and guarding your digital footprint – how to introduce yourself to potential employers in emails, letters and applications to make a positive impact
• Business support – online networking – Connecting with local businesses and UoN’s accredited advisors
For information on the SNC Job Club, the full webinar programme and how to register, visit https://www.southnorthants.gov.uk/jobclub.