Posted: 11/05/10 by Bank Brokers UK Ltd
Unconsultancy of Leicester is considering running a ‘business unconference’ in the East Midlands in the summer of 2010.
There are various "unconference" formats available ranging from the completely unstructured and chaotic through to the those with rather more structure. Unconsultancy is proposing to hold one with some structure that will involve sitting in small groups discussing issues relevant to you, without having to listen to any Powerpoint presentations.
Tim Latham, Managing Director at Unconsultancy, said: "In the true spirit of an "unconference" the starting point is to find out from the local East Midlands business community whether they want it and some initial questions to see if it could be a ‘goer’."
The company has posted the suggestion on its website and is asking for people to comment on the post as to whether or not they think it would be a good idea (www.unconsultancy.com/east-midlands-business-unconference) .
- Full day at an East Midlands location.
- What’s best – weekend or weekday?
- A "track" will run on two or three occasions throughout the day and be led / facilitated by someone with specialist knowledge in the appropriate field
- No powerpoint presentations
- Tracks run concurrently, so you might join the PR track first thing, then finance before lunch, then sales after lunch etc – you decide
- Cost of the day certainly less than £100 and hopefully more like £50 per person.
Some Suggested "Tracks"
- PR and making an impact with your marketing
- Your business website – the options and what latest thinking should you be aware of?
- Finance – accounting options and what you need to know about tax
- Getting the legal aspects of your small business right
- Banking – how to make your business your bank manager’s favourite
- Investment – what accessing angel and venture capital investment
- HR – what you need to know when you start employing people
- Search engine optimisation – the key things you need to do to get up the search engine rankings
- Sales – help, I’m not a born salesperson!
- We will be looking for the region’s experts to act as track leaders – a great opportunity to meet and help business people in the region who are interested in your expertise.
For further information visit www.unconsultancy.com/east-midlands-business-unconference.