As you will hopefully have already heard, we’re delighted that the Weetabix Northamptonshire Food and Drink Awards are now underway for their 12th year!
Owing to the inevitable implications of COVID-19, there are a few changes to the competition for this year, but the key theme of the Awards remains - to celebrate and promote the best that the county’s food and drink sector has to offer!
So we are asking for your help in identifying those venues, producers, chefs, entrepreneurs etc which we will hope will be encouraged to get involved by inviting you to make your recommendations for any (or all) of the following categories please:
- Booker Eatery of The Year (sponsored by Booker) - this includes cafes, pubs and restaurants
- World Cuisine Restaurant of The Year (sponsored by British Pepper and Spice)
- F&B Achiever of The Year (sponsored by Howes Percival) - recognising someone who has made a major contribution to the sector in the county
- One To Watch (sponsored by Whitworth Bros. Ltd Flour Millers) - celebrating a new business (under five years old) which has the potential to become the next Farrington Oils, Warner’s or even Weetabix!
- Local Food Hero (sponsored by Northampton College) - aimed at an individual, organisation or business which deserves to be celebrated for their commitment to local food
If you have any suggestions - for example, you may have discovered the delights of a new pub or want to put forward your local farm shop or butcher - please email those to mailto:email@example.com and we will then endeavour to ensure that they are part of this year’s competition (which is free to enter of course) and, if shortlisted, have the opportunity to benefit from the many advantages that success in the Awards can bring.
Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.