Maintenance is quite important but often, a forgotten aspect of I.T. Good maintenance of systems means that you could see off a threat or a disaster before it comes to fruition.
Have we got your attention? Excellent, let us tell you what maintenance you should be doing.
Our Top 10 I.T. Maintenance Jobs
Your servers and devices are the home of your data; the very essence of your business. They can last you 6 months or 10 years so be house proud and:
- Conduct Regular back-ups – How much data would you lose if your server failed right now? Decide how much data you are ‘willing’ to lose and back-up accordingly.
- Run Antivirus and Spyware scans – Protect your business from potential threats. This needs to be carried out automatically or on a regular basis.
- Carry out all System updates – This is across all hardware and software, get the latest update available to minimise security risks.
- Conduct a Server audit – review your server’s performance to see if there is anything slowing it down.
- Tidy up your Software – Use the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ in the control panel and remove any software that you aren’t using.
- Check your Hardware – Ensure that your disks, switches and cables have plenty of life left in them and aren’t likely to overheat and cause more damage in the long run.
- Optimise your Disk usage – Do you need all of those old emails? Or different versions of the same document? Ensure your disk usage doesn’t creep up to capacity.
- Tidy those Cables – Yep, tidy those cables up. If someone snags a cable and you can’t easily see where it goes, how much time are you going to spend trying to find the right place, not to mention the potential downtime?
- Optimise your Operating System – Update it on a regular basis and remove unnecessary information.
- Defrag – Organising your files through defragmenting means that your system is at its top performance. The Windows defragmenting tool (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter)
Think of us as your fast-action paracetamol and call us because we have great support and maintenance packages available.