Minute taking does require skill, this course will help you understand what is needed to produce concise and clear minutes, with discussion about the nature of meetings and looking at the relevance of annotating different kinds of information. You will also be introduced to speed writing.
Don’t be put off by the title – a “Minutes Made Easy” course can be fun as well as constructive with practical experience throughout!
Who should attend?
Anyone who regularly takes minutes and wishes to enhance their skills further, or a person who has been asked to undertake this role without experience.
Delegates do not necessarily require an understanding or knowledge of shorthand.
- Discussion of previous experiences of meetings both positive and negative
- Types of meetings and their differences
- What is a meeting, what makes it successful?
- Preparing for a meeting
- Short cuts to taking down information
- The role of the meeting – the format, the Agenda, the check list to a successful meeting
- The Meeting
- Preparing Minutes and the correct procedures
- Role Play – in small groups – Agenda and Minute taking
- The use of the tape recorder
- Speed Writing
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
Apply the appropriate skills gained for taking concise and accurate minutes at internal and external meetings.
What recent delegates had to say about this course:
"Excellent course, well delivered & valued, would recommend to anyone, even if you think you know it all" Wendy McDonald St Andrew's Healthcare
"The course tutors were entertaining and informative and held my attention at all times. I came away with more confidence and helpful tips" Claire Harvis St Andrew's Healthcare
Book online of call the Training Team on 01604 490470!