EMITA to run evening seminar on Developing Business in the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania)
Are you an SME or a company new to exporting? Are you looking for a market that is relatively easy to develop business in, is not huge in size and is easily accessible from the UK? If so, why not join EMITA for an evening seminar on Thursday 10 June to discover the opportunities for your business in the Baltic States.
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania regained their independence from the Soviet Union in 1992 and have been members of the EU and NATO since 2004, which has made a huge impact on the ease of trading with these countries. This together with their open and flexible economies, high levels of English spoken and substantial EU funding, reaching £9.5 billion by 2013, makes the Baltics an attractive destination for business.
Sponsored by the Midlands Enterprise Europe Network, this event will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Hear an update on the latest market developments from UKTI Commercial Officers based at the British Embassies in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Learn about the business opportunities in a wealth of sectors across the region including ICT, biotechnology, energy and environment, education and training, construction and financial services
- Discover the investment incentives and opportunities available in Latvia and Lithuania
- Explore how these countries can be used as a springboard into the Russian and CIS markets
- Understand the similarities and differences of the language, culture, customs and etiquette across the Baltic States
In addition, we will be hearing about a local company's experiences of the market further to a recent trip to the region and UKTI will be launching their 2011 market visit. One-to-one meetings with our guest speakers will also be available before the seminar.
Taking place at The Stuart Hotel, Derby, the event will commence at 5pm with registration and light refreshments. The presentations will begin at 5.30pm and the evening will draw to a close at 7.30pm followed by a networking hot and cold fork buffet. Further details are available on the emita website.
Gain an invaluable insight into the Baltic States by booking a place now either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the emita team on 0115 947 1767.
Attendance is free of charge for emita members or £45 plus VAT for non members, which includes refreshments and a hot and cold fork buffet.
Posted by: Northamptonshire Chamber